Monday, May 28, 2012

Volare, oh oh...

Day 2 : Bari

Having never been to Bari before, I'd read the guidebook and done the research, and decided that we (Ali is usually happy to leave the itinerary planning to me) should go to Polignano for the day.  It turned out to be a good decision.  It's a very quaint and unique little place. It's claim to fame?  Singer/songwriter Domenico Modugno, was born there.  He of "Volare" fame.  The fact that our driver was the image of Lucia's dad, himself Italian and a very accomplished singer, served only to ensure that the song reverberated in my head for many hours that day!

But back to the quaintness of the town itself...
 It's situated on the edge of beautiful cliffs with hollowed out sea caves, and we enjoyed just wandering around, exploring and discovering.



See what I mean? 

A lovely day and a good decision indeed.


2 comments:

Carlilee said...

Oh thanks Gill, it is close to midnight and I should be going to sleep but I now have that song going round and round in my head! ;-)
The pics are wonderful and the trip sounds just fantabulouso!!

ali and gilly said...

Oops, sorry ;-) xx

Post a Comment

 
design by Grumpy Cow Graphics | Distributed by Deluxe Templates