Saturday already... where did the week go? Having a relaxing day and working my way through my "to do" list.
Ali's out and the pups are playing in the garden so all is calm and I'm getting all my little ducks in a row.
We celebrated our anniversary last Tuesday - wow seven years already... how time flies when you're having fun. Here's to the next seven-ty... (well that may be pushing it a bit, but one should always have something to strive towards!) Anyway, I got spoilt as usual, and we had a lovely dinner at the Vic (www.thevictoriabarntgreen.co.uk), the new gastro-pub in our village - not having to cook is always a bonus.
Spring has definitely sprung and we've had some fab weather this week - blue, sunny skies and warm temps although the locals try to contain my excitement by reminding me that it's only March. The Scots have a delightful saying: "Naer cast yer coot 'til May is oot". I'm certain that I've got the spelling horribly wrong, but the translation is "don't cast your coat until May is out". Either way, I was "oot & aboot" yesterday sans "coot", just in jeans and a t-shirt... albeit a long-sleeved one. The pups and I met up with (cousin) Gill and (spaniel) Breagha for a lovely day out in the Wyre Forest.... a long walk followed by a yummy lazy lunch and a good old natter. Ben & Jerry were so exhaustemacated (yes, I know that's not a real word but it's quite descriptive don't you think?) that when we got home, they wolfed down their dinner then retired to their bed, barely opening their eyes and lifting their heads to acknowledge Ali's arrival home from work, and pretty much slept all the way through to this morning.
Right, back to my list.
Update Blog: tick
Next on the list: pin & tack quilt-in-the-making
Onwards and upwards....



0 comments: