I've been laid low the past two weeks with a horrible flu bug thing which sapped all my energy and any will to update our blog, so I'm a bit behind the times. Feeling much better now though so back into the swing of things this week. How lovely it is to feel like me again.
Winter continues to be really mild (again, I should point out that I use the term "mild" in the context of it being January in England) and we're wondering whether it's just going to end up being a mild winter, or whether it's going to lull us into a smug, yet false sense of winter and then suddenly when all the daffodils, snowdrops and crocuses start to appear, it'll start snowing in April. The temps are forecast to drop again this weekend but with blue skies and sunshine so we're not complaining.
We did have one really stormy night last week and here's the result:
That's the lane outside our property verge - fortunately no damage to person or home and the local council responded quickly to remove it. It was the talk of the neighbourhood for a day or so though.
Kom gou terug Doubells, ons mis vir julle...




1 comments:
Hey Wally
I havent been able to email so easily while travelling. Mark said you wanted to get together at heathrow,,, GREAT. Will be in touch about that. Have bought a nook so am able to check blogs but not set up to email just yet. Love you muchly. Barb